Accessible Design is Vital
When we design for what are traditionally seen as “edge cases” in our audience, we create a product or presentation that is better for everyone. Stephy is always trying to sneak in golden nuggets about designing accessibly in the digital space wherever she goes.
She uses WCAG 2.x standards for AA compliance as the skeleton of what she teaches–but she dresses up those standards in a fun and engaging manner to help others get excited about designing accessibly, as well.
Need a design talk?
Stephy gives workshops and breakout sessions on designing effective presentations, designing accessibly, and other general design topics concentrating on the experience of the end-user or audience. Want to know her credentials? Check out her LinkedIn page.
Stephy wants to help your audience feel unstuck by making them the protagonist in their very own video game and by helping them save the princess in their career quest (themselves). Because they CAN do it. They DO have what it takes. In fact, people who transition their career or specialty have an even greater ability to innovate than those who do the same thing their whole lives. They just need a little push to truly believe it.
Underdog’s Career Quest: Hunt for the Elixir of Innovation
She is also available to give a variety of design-related workshop-style sessions including:
- presentation design
- user experience design
- accessibility & inclusion in design
- relatable data visualization
- design in general
Hear what others have to say:
Microsoft MVP, APMP Fellow, Owner of Billion Dollar Graphics
Owner, Tingley Presentations, CPS
Stephy’s unique background – a blend of fascinating disciplines – combined with her genuine spark and enthusiasm for creativity makes her a fabulous storyteller with a strong and relatable message. I found myself reflecting on my own career journey and what I bring to the table from that, and feeling more confident about my unique set of skills and experiences. It’s a good feeling! Stephy clearly takes pleasure in speaking and her joy is utterly contagious.
Being in the middle of a mid-life career transition, I heard Stephy Hogan’s speech ‘Underdog Career Quest’ and it really spoke to me! In a very entertaining and honest way, Stephy captures the uncertainty we can easily feel when we leave the known behind (for whatever reason) and then shows us all what we actually do take with us as we move into something new. Stephy is inspiring and thought provoking.
The most elegant and accessible presenter so far is Stephy “Snow White” Hogan. Loving to see how the PowerPoint live captions work. I wish I could speak as clearly and nicely paced as Stephy.
I must be selecting all the best presentations–or you all just have selected the best of the best… Stephy was personable and fun and gave great details that will be useful as I seek to create accessible presentations for the first time for my students. Thanks again!
Stephy is a gem. Incredibly responsive and transparent with the perfect mix of guidance, advice and just make it happen. She is just as excited about your project as you are which means she is not just taking orders or executing, but genuinely working with you to produce the best result.
Past Speaking Engagements
- his Moved Me Podcast, guest, episode 157
- The Policy Viz Podcast, guest, episode 118
- The Presentation Podcast, guest, episode 63
- 2018 Presentation Summit, speaker, Session: The Rewards of Repurposing; Session: Taming Tricky Templates with User Testing; Session: Top 10 PowerPoint Shortcuts
- Facilitator for Duarte, Inc., Slide Design Lab full-day workshops
- 2019 Presentation Summit, speaker, Session: I don’t like it!; Session: Emotion in Data
- 2020 Presentation Summit, co-host & speaker, Session: I don’t like it! the accessibility edition; Session: Accessibility in Presentations Roundtable
- 2021 General Assembly Pride Summit, ADPlist panel speaker, Being Our Authentic Selves
- 2021 Signature Talk Studio, speaker, Underdog’s Career Quest
- The World of Presentations Podcast, Creating Accessible Presentations
- 2021 Presentation Summit, speaker
- The Captovation Podcast, Golf Carts, Glitter, Guitar and The Guild
- Guest on Markus Schaub’s YouTube channel, Why You Should Care About Accessibility
- 2022 Global UIUX Conference, Design for SCHIT (a UX A11y talk)
- 2022 Creative Pro Design + PowerPoint Summit, Designing and Delivering Inclusively; and Making Accessible PowerPoint Documents
- 2022 Present to Succeed Conference, Design for SCHIT
- 2022 TechAccess Oklahoma, Design for SCHIT
- 2022 Creative Pro Week, PresX and Designing Accessibly
- 2022 Creative Pro Design + Accessibility Summit, PowerPoint Accessibility; and Presenting Accessibly
- 2022 Training Magazine Network, Creating Accessible Presentations; and Designing and Presenting Inclusively
- 2022 Presentation Podcast Guest, Is Accessibility Accessible?
- 2022 Ideas on Stage Podcast Guest, How to Design Accessible Presentations
- 2022 Design + Accessibility Summit, PowerPoint Accessibility; and Presenging Accessibly and Inclusively
- 2022 Training Magazine Network DEI Masters Series, Present More Inclusively with These 3 Tips
- 2023 Training Conference, Accessibility Is Only For Websites And Other Tall Tales
- 2023 Global UIUX Summit, Do Your Users Rage Quite From Your Forms? Let’s Fix That.
Stephy does amazing work, and always with a smile on her face. If only I had ten of her … I could conquer the world!
Have me speak at your event!
THIS was exactly what I needed [to hear] today! You have no idea, Stephy! Thank you!
What to expect: as simple as 1, 2, 3!
- Complete the contact form below.
- You’ll be transported to my calendar where you can pick a time to chat with me.
- Check your inbox for an automated email from me with the meeting details.